Visit Dr. Kato's website
- Ph.D. The University of Sydney (2000)
- M.Ed Honours, The University of Sydney (1995)
- M. Ed. The University of Sydney (1992)
Area of Research Interests
- Student motivation, time management instruction, learning strategies
- Improving Student Motivation toward Japanese Learning. Tokyo: Gakujutsu Shuppannsha. 2010.
- Student Preferences: Goal-Setting and Self-Assessment Activities in Tertiary Education Environment. Language Teaching Research. Volume 13.2. (April 2009).
- Kato, F. (July 2007). A comparative study of motivation: Foreign language learners of Spanish, French, German and Japanese in tertiary education. Studies in Language Sciences, 6. 97-112.
- Kato, F., Yasumoto, S and Van Aacken, S. (April 2007). A comparative study: motivation of learners of Japanese among four universities across two countries. Electronic Journal of Foreign Language Teaching, 4, 1, 41-57.
- Kato, F. (2002). Efficacy of Intervention Strategies in Learning Success Rates. Foreign Language Annals, 35, 61-72.
- Kato, F. (1999). Classroom activity: Learning strategies report. In Barfield, A. & Robert, B. (Eds), On JALT98: Focus on the Classroom: Interpretations.(pp. 110 – 118). Tokyo: JALT Central Office.
- Kato, F. and Harvey, J. (1997). Learning strategies of successful language learners in the use of CALL program through the analysis using audit trail. Y. Chuang & H-H. Kao (Ed) The Proceedings of the First International Conference on Multimedia Language Education. (pp. 59 - 69). Taiwan: Crane.
- Kato, F. (1995). Japanese learning within a computer-rich environment. JM Pearce & A Ellis (Ed) Learning with Technology (pp. 281-287). Melbourne: the Science Multimedia Teaching Unit, the University of Melbourne.
- Student motivation, Time management instruction