Who can receive Transient Study?
- Students who are degree-seeking at UNC Charlotte
- Students who are not full-time students in the semester in which they are taking the course at another institution
- Students who are full-time students in the semester in which they are taking the course at another institution, if the course is NOT offered at UNC Charlotte
- Students who seek to take a course at another institution in the summer term(s)
How do you receive Transient Study?
- Complete Transient Study Form
- Submit the Transient Study Form to the Department of Languages and Culture Studies main office for approval signature of the Associate Chair
- Submit the form to Niner Central at email@example.com
- Register and pay out-of-pocket for all courses at host institution after receiving approval
- If you need financial aid, submit the Transient Study - Financial Aid Request Form with documentation as requested on the form
- Request an official transcript from the host institution be sent to the UNC Charlotte registrar firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transcripts need to be received by the scheduled deadlines indicated on the Transient Study-Financial Aid Request Form.
- If transcripts are not received, financial aid may be canceled for that term, and future requests will be denied.
How does Transient Study work?
- Courses taken at another institution will appear on your transcript and be added to your credit hours
- Courses taken at another institution might fulfill Major, Minor or general education requirements
- Courses at other institutions can not be used to Grade Replace courses attempted at UNC Charlotte via transient study
- Courses at other institutions can not be used to calculate into your UNC Charlotte GPA via transient study
- No credit will be accepted for courses below a C level for undergraduate students